Talk:WikiConference India Scholarships
From Wikimedia UK
Have the winners yet been announced?
- The scholarships have now been offered; we'll announce the recipients once they've accepted them. Mike Peel 12:55, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
Who received these scholarships and how much did they receive? 18.104.22.168 08:50, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hello again, perhaps you could set up a named account here that openly matches the name you use elsewhere?
- It was publicly announced on the blog in November 2011 <http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2011/11/uk-attendees-attending-wikiconference-india-2011/>. The amounts paid were only for economy flights and several nights of accommodation (using the hotel recommended by the event organizers) in line with the expenses policy. I vaguely recall this was in the order of an average of £500 a head, but it varied from a total of just over £700 (I think this was the maximum based on emails I have to hand, but I'm not sure) and in one case the cost was low (under £280) because the volunteer paid for their own flight to India and we only paid for in-country flight and travel expenses. There was quite a bit of faffing about due to visa problems, this resulted in increased prices for flights in at least one case, rather than taking advantage of early booking. The final figures should appear in the public accounts which have been approved. As there is likely to be some interest in ferreting through our accounts to find material to challenge the charity, we probably should put out a blog post linking to them for anyone that interested. I have sent a note to the Exec Committee suggesting it.
- As a reality check, I note that flights a month ahead from London to Mumbai are at this moment around £500 for a return, so add in the costs of hotels, food and some local transport costs and you can see that £700 might be perfectly reasonable as a total claim. --Fæ (talk) 12:01, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- No individual figure for these will be in the published accounts, which as is usual will offer summarized figures. Johnbod (talk) 12:43, 20 September 2012 (UTC)