This page details our key financial documents, policies and reports. It will get quite in-depth at times, but we've made every attempt to make it 'human-readable'.
We have several policies that guide how we spend our funds. These policies are changed by the board as and when needed.
- Our Finance Policy sets out how we maintain suitable financial controls to safeguard our assets and ensure they are applied effectively and efficiently in support of our objects. Where financial conflicts between different policies exist, generally the Finance Policy will take precedence.
- Our Conflict of Interest Policy controls when a trustee is allowed to claim expenses, and the very limited circumstances in which a Trustee may buy from, sell to, be employed by, or receive financial benefit from the charity.
- Our Scheme of Delegation sets out the powers that are delegated to the Chief Executive - for example, the power to spend money, hire staff, or represent the charity publicly.
- Our Donation and grant acceptance policy, which sets out the circumstances in which a donation can be accepted without having to consult the board.
Since 2012, our Annual Reports and end-of-year accounts have been created in two formats - a glossy version with limited financial information, known as the Annual Review, and a plain version with full financial information, known as the Annual Report. The Annual Report is the copy that is submitted to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Our Annual Report from Incorporation to 31 January 2010 
- Our Annual Report from 1 February 2010 to 31 January 2011.
- Our Annual Report from 1 February 2011 to 31 January 2012. A glossy Annual Review was also created this year: see our 2012 Annual Report.
- Our Annual Report from 1 February 2012 to 31 January 2013. A glossy Annual Review was also created this year: see our 2013 Annual Report.
Annual Plans and Budgets
We develop our annual budgets transparently on this website. You can find them at:
Fundraising and Grants
We have, in the past, participated in the annual Wikimedia fundraiser; you can find the agreements governing this participation at:
- 2009 Winter Fundraiser/Agreement
- 2010 Fundraiser/Agreement
- 2011 Fundraiser/Agreement
- 2012 Fundraising Agreement
We have also previously applied for the following grants:
- Abbreviated accounts are also available, which were prepared in the interim period before the full accounts were finalized