Wikimedia UK Annual Conference 2012
I'm writing to let you know that WikiConference UK 2012 is coming up, on Saturday 12 May 2012, in London. Some time ago you indicated that you are interested in attending the event. If this is still the case please help us in planning for the event by registering at http://donate.wikimedia.org.uk/wikicon12. The conference will incorporate both presentations and talks about Wikipedia/Wikimedia, as well as Wikimedia UK's Annual General Meeting. It is free to attend. If you have any questions please contact Daria Cybulska on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 065 0994. Hope to see you there! Richard Symonds (talk) 15:09, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
Hi John, thanks for your answer. Actually I don't consider WikiEducator (the principle other educational wiki) as a competitor but rather as an alternative platform. Quite a few educators use both platforms. Personally I would like to see a closer relationship - or even merger - with wikieducator as per Roger's response. In the meantime I would like a discussion about where the best place fro WMUK to put training material might be?Leutha (talk) 21:56, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
Train the Trainers
I am pleased to announce that the Train the Trainers event which you have expressed interest in will take place on the weekend of 9-10 June at the Wikimedia UK office, 56 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
The timings of the training are roughly: Saturday 9:30 am - 6:30pm, Sunday 9am - 5pm. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided; we are also planning to go for a meal after the training on Sunday.
It is vital that you do not miss the start of the training session, so before confirming your availability please do make sure you can make the start time of the training.
We are able to cover travel and accommodation, including if you need to travel on Friday - an advance notice will be appreciated!
Please reply promptly by emailing email@example.com (or 0207 065 0994) and confirming your availability - places are limited.
I'm wondering if on Sunday we should have a slot as the Treasurer's report, beyond your report as a trustee (i.e. 5 minutes of GLAM). There is 30mins for you and Richard to discuss "Allocation of budget holders"@Agenda_30Jun12 and I'm wondering if we can re-badge that. If you think 30 minutes would not be enough, please do stick a different estimate in. Cheers --Fæ (talk) 17:24, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, but I think 30 mins is more than enough in the absence of the draft accounts. Johnbod (talk) 20:03, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestion
Hi John - thanks for the suggested edit on my Education notes subpage. I have reversed your edit simply because the link at the top of the page is more useful to me in my role as WMUK Education Organiser than as a category tag, which also makes the page easier to discover for others. I don't mind people discovering it through the recent changes log (as I assume you did) but it is meant merely as a work in progress and a go-to page for me to do my job better. That sub-page isn't linked anywhere and is merely a working document for me in the deliciously clumsy world that is MediaWiki. --Toni Sant (WMUK) (talk) 17:14, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- ok - it is I think top of some search on education, which is how I came across it. It has rather more useful info than most of the public pages! Johnbod (talk) 17:45, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- Good point! I hadn't thought about search. I wonder if we can somehow relegate it on search. One of my long-term goals is to improve the Education-related public pages - perhaps even have an (alternative) overview page containing some of the main links on my go-to page. Thanks again for your input...I really appreciate it! --Toni Sant (WMUK) (talk) 18:27, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi John. It appears that you tried to use Template:Accreditation that I created recently. However, you seemed displeased with listing yourself as a supporting trainer for members. In light of that, I've now modified the template so that all parameters are optional; were you to now use the template but omit the
m parameter, then it would leave out the members bit. Perhaps you might wish to use the template now that I've implemented that change? Thanks. --Deskana (talk) (email) 15:48, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- I can't see that bit on my certificate, only the other two. Am I such a thing? I don't know. The whole template didn't suit for various reasons, though I'm sure others will find it useful. Johnbod (talk) 15:51, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- I checked my certificate and it shows the bit for members, so I guess you didn't get that one. How strange! Anyway, if possible, could you elaborate on why the template did not suit? I would be happy to modify the template so that it does suit, if possible. Either way, thanks for your feedback so far! --Deskana (talk) (email) 15:54, 25 July 2013 (UTC)