Microgrants/University of Liverpool Outreach
University of Liverpool Outreach - 21st July 2011
This is much the same as the above with a few bits and bobs added in the budget and overview section
After the success of the Imperial College collaboration between myself and Vinesh Patel, I am hoping to recreate this with the University of Liverpool, as their Head of Academic Liaison is looking to collaborate with us. The purpose of this meeting would be to establish what kinds of collaboration the library is interested in. However, the initial email exchange indicates that they would be interested in the following:
- Creating a student-run Wikipedia Society
- Donating materials to our archives
- Participating in 'Wikipedia Surgeries' - where students could learn how to use Wikipedia productively with regards to their studies.
- Engaging the academic community of the university in Wikipedia-related projects (e.g. donating information and expertise to the project)
- Expected outcomes
I expect that the initial meeting will provide us with a clear indication of what the university is willing to provide as well as a clear map of how to go forward with this collaboration. I anticipate that the university will want leaflets and other media from us, and that we will also be able to arrange dates for 'Wikipedia Surgeries' as well as open up the possibility of having a stall at the fresher's fair on campus. I also expect that the initial meeting will provide us with contacts within the university with which we can expand the inital project (e.g. enthusiastic academics willing to support Wikipedia/a student group)
- Transport - £21.00 for a return for the day
- Executive Summary Leaflets - £35.08 for 25 8-page leaflets for the attendees detailing what Wikimedia would like to do. For a copy of the leaflets please email me.
- Per Diem Expenses - This would be £30 to cover costs and an alternative to sending in individual receipts. Costs include eating, bus fare, etc.
- Who I am
Hello! I am User:Panyd on the English Wikipedia. I applied for many microgrants for Imperial College, but that was with the old board (and above of course!). I am a very enthusiastic Wikipedian with a knack for selling. If you have any questions about my involvement with Imperial or what I hope to acheive both at or after Manchester University, please feel free to email me or put something in the discussion board here.
Note: this was funded via the education budget, rather than the microgrant fund. Mike Peel 20:06, 29 July 2011 (UTC)