Wikimedia UK Board meeting Tuesday 29th September 2009, 8:30pm BST at #wikimedia-uk-board
Present: Michael Peel (MP) (Chair); Andrew Turvey (AT) (minutes); Tom Holden (TH); Steve Virgin (SV)
Apologies: Zeyi He (ZH); Paul Williams (PW)
Absent: Joseph Seddon (JS)
Minutes of previous meetings 
The minutes of the meeting dated 15 September were approved.
The following actions were carried forward:
3. PW will develop a proposal for buying a computer for the Schools Project with, potentially, peripherals such as a projector, screen, printer etc. Please carry forward
6. MP to investigate moving our wiki at http://uk.wikimedia.org to http://www.wikimedia.org.uk subject to technical feasibility re Single User Logins and hosting, with gb.wikimedia.org as a potential alternative. Bug Report. Once this has been completed, MP to follow up with Wikimedia Ukraine regarding the "uk." website conflict. Please carry forward
9. AT agreed to draft a response to the supporter who wants to support us anonymously and circulate to the board. Done
13. MP agreed to investigate moving our OTRS system to one hosted by ourselves to reduce the risk that confidential emails are inappropriately viewed by non-WMUK people or emails are sent in the name of the chapter without approval. Please carry forward
15. AT to add to http://board.wikimedia.org.uk/ the press contact lists that PW and SV have emailed round. Please carry forward
Matters arising 
MP has discussed CRB checks with a bureau and they require a letter of invitation from a school before they can process the application. AT agreed to approach Theresa Knott, Paul Williams and the Wrexham school contact to see if any of these could help with this.
MP will also follow up a potentially cheaper option regarding CRB checks.
Now that JS is unable to be the contact for free content conferences, MP agreed to do this.
The Secretary's Report was noted. AT agreed to ask about Ian Hawkins filming the AGM on the email list and with OKFN and to ask Ian Hawkins if we could have a copyright-free copy of his filming.
MP agreed to follow up with WildScreen.
The Treasurer's Report was noted.
The Chair's Report was noted.
The Corporate Report was noted. MP has emailed the St Helenan user.
AT mentioned that he had proposed a timetable and budget for the Workplace Learning Lunches.
Wikimedia France workshop 
Wikimedia France and the Wikimedia Foundation are organising a Usability Project Meeting in early November. They have offered to fund someone from the UK attending - who should be technically active but needn't be a board member. ZH and MP have volunteered. "River" was also suggested as someone who is active on the technology side.
It was agreed that we would approach River as a first choice and also email the mailing list for interested parties. If River is unable to make it and no one else comes forward, MP will attend.
ACTION: AT Done
The board went in camera
When the board returned, the following decisions were summarised (more details are contained in the in camera minutes)
The board appointed Tom Dalton (Tango42) as the Head of Fundraising, liaising mostly with MP.
The board agreed their approach to the Chapter Fundraising Agreement, and AT agreed to approach the Foundation to negotiate.
Any other business 
It was agreed that MP could claim travel costs for attending the "Pictures in Public" conference out of the "attending free content conferences" budget and for the National Archive and Tate Gallery meetings out of the "content access projects" budget.
Next meeting 
Sunday 11th October, in person at the London Wikimeet
Tuesday 20th October, 8:30pm, #wikimedia-uk-board