Annual Conference 2011/AGM Resolutions
A motion to increase the term of Board members from one to two years 
This motion is a Special Resolution and therefore requires a 75% majority to pass
Whereas Article 16 currently states that:
- "16.1 Providing that one or more valid nominations for Directors are received, all the Directors shall retire from office at each Annual General Meeting "
- "16.2 If a Director is required to retire at an Annual General Meeting by a provision of these articles the retirement shall take effect upon the conclusion of the meeting.";
Believing the resultant uncertainty around the election each year disrupts the effectiveness of the Board's planning, and interim functionality;
Believing that longer terms for the Directors would produce a positive impact in improved stability of the Board;
Resolves to replace Article 16 with the following:
- 16.1 Providing that one or more valid nominations for Directors are received, Directors shall retire from office at the second Annual General Meeting since their last appointment, unless by the close of the meeting the members have failed to elect sufficient Directors to hold a quorate meeting of the Directors.
- 16.2 At the first Annual General Meeting following the adoption of this article, fifty percent of directors shall retire from office. If the number of directors is not a multiple of two, the number of retiring directors shall be fifty percent plus a half.
- 16.3 The directors who are to resign under Article 16.2 at the first AGM following from the adoption of this Article shall be determined as the directors who obtained the fewest votes at their election.
- 16.4 If a Director is appointed to fill a vacancy under Article 17.4, they shall retire from office at the subsequent Annual General Meeting
- 16.5 If a Director is required to retire at an Annual General Meeting by a provision of these articles the retirement shall take effect upon the conclusion of the meeting.
A motion to set membership fees 
Whereas, the Membership Rules require the membership fees to be reviewed by each AGM.
This meeting resolves by Ordinary Resolution to maintain the membership fees unchanged for Individual Members at £5 per year and for all Member Organisations at £100 per year.
A motion to appoint board members 
Whereas, the Board of Trustees have all resigned effective at the end of this meeting, as required by the Articles of Association. Whereas, the Election Rules require an election of board members at this meeting.
This meeting resolves by Ordinary Resolution to hold an election in accordance with the Election Rules and then appoint the elected candidates as members of the Board of Trustees for the next year.
A motion to approve the annual accounts 
Whereas the Financial Accounts for the periods ended 31 January 2010 have been previously approved by the directors,
This meeting resolves to adopt these accounts.
A motion to appoint auditors 
Whereas Messrs UHY Hacker Young of 22 The Ropewalk Nottingham have been appointed by the directors as auditors of the company,
This Meeting resolves to reappoint them as auditors until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.