|Content partnerships — Digital image restorations — Joint events|
Cultural partnerships are co-operations between the Wikimedia movement and cultural institutions, such as galleries, libraries, archives and museums, known collectively as GLAMs. There are a wide range of possible projects - from content donations to edit-a-thon events (where Wikipedians and experts work together to improve the projects' coverage of a certain topic), and more.
Why work with Wikimedia? 
- Present your collections to new audiences
- Increase worldwide engagement with the cultural heritage held by your institution
- Work with a global community of volunteers to share your content online, on the Wikimedia projects
Who is working with us? 
Current cultural institutions we are working with include:
- The British Library
- The British Museum
- Derby Museum and Art Gallery
- The National Maritime Museum
- The National Archives
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Natural History Museum and Science Museum
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
Wikimedia UK's work with the GLAM sector complements its work with learned societies.
If you represent a cultural institution, and are interested in working with Wikimedia UK, please contact our office on +44 (0)20 7065 0990 or glamwikimedia.org.uk.
Wikimedians in Residence 
A Wikimedian in Residence a Wikipedia editor who works in an institution to facilitate a close working relationship between the Wikimedia movement and that institution through a range of activities, including:
- help other Wikimedians to expand and write articles about the institutions's collections or area of expertise
- working with curators and archivists to explain the Wikimedia movement's practices and help them to contribute.
Current Wikimedians in Residence 
- Natural History Museum and Science Museum - Appointment announcement on our blog.
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums - On our blog.
- National Library of Scotland - On our blog
- Black Cultural Archives, in cooperation with Equiano Centre
There are plans for further residencies; if you have any queries please contact the office on 0207 065 0990, or glamwikimedia.org.uk
Past Wikimedians in Residence 
- The British Library cooperation in 2012-13 has centred on the Wikimedian in Residence project. You can find out more about it here. Andrew's report can be seen here. We are continuing the cooperation with the British Library.
Further reading 
- An example of the agreement signed by WMUK and GLAMs when arranging a Wikimedia in Residence post
- A suggested job description for a Wikipedian in Residence