Wikimania 2014/Meeting 5
From Wikimedia UK
- Where?: Mumble, server wikipediamumble.moonflare.com, channel wikimedia-uk-confcom
- UPDATE: mumble isn't working, conf call: 0844 4 73 73 73, PIN 415980
- When?: 12 midday, Sunday 12th August 2012
- Previous actions: http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2014/Meeting_4#Actions
- What stuff do we want to ask Jimmy for?
- Talking head video for sponsors (write script)
- Ed Saperia
- Anastasia Andrianova
- Kevin McLaughlin
- James Knight
- Kimi Lawrie
- Meeting with London First was very positive. Since we have some budget now, they can effectively run our conference for us (and they're very capable). This includes graphic design, negotiating with vendors, AV, project management, etc. Obviously they'll still need direction and management, and are keen to work closely with us to help us make the event we want. They're getting back to us with an MOU which will include what they would like to do for us, and a budget proposal. They will also give us significant fundraising support.
- Ed: Don't have it in writing yet, but it was implied that their price for this service would be very reasonable, especially before the bid is won. It helps a lot that WMUK is a charity.
- For fundraising, we have London First's contacts, WMUK's contacts and Jimmy Wales' contacts. We will meet all these people, collate and come up with a fundraising strategy. It will include a website, which is being designed by AA, JK, KL.
- We will ask Jimmy if we can film him to put a video on our fundraising website.
- Next meeting next week, same time.
- ACTION: Ed to find out why mumble didn't work
- ACTION: Ed to chase London First for MOU so we can submit our budget proposal before 8th sept (board meeting)
- ACTION: Ed to schedule Jimmy meeting
- ACTION: AA to touch base with Andrew Tibbett from London First about fundraising strategy.
- ACTION: AA to chase up Catherine Bavage.
- ACTION: KM to do a site visit to The Barbican.
- ACTION: AA, JK, KL to confer on website design.