From Wikimedia UK
This page describes Wikimedia UK's vision, mission and values. These were decided by Wikimedia UK's Board at the 2011 Board Strategy Day.
- Free knowledge for all
- Wikimedia UK’s mission is to help people and organisations build and preserve open knowledge to share and use freely.
- To value the contribution of volunteers
- To encourage, involve and engage volunteers
- To recognise that the contribution of volunteers is central to the activity of the organisation
- To be transparent and open
- To promote the value of free and open licences
- To have respectful and professional working relationships internally and externally
- To promote an open approach to learning and knowledge