|This vacancy is now closed. The page is kept as an archival reference. If you want to discuss a topic, please start a discussion on the community forum.|
Intern for Wikimedia UK Summer 2012
The accessible offices of Wikimedia UK near Old Street in London.
For six to eight weeks in August and September 2012. This will be for a fixed term. This will not lead to a permanent position in the organisation.
London Living Wage for 35 hours per week. These may include evenings and some weekend work.
- Key tasks
To support the office, particularly the Events Organiser, Comms manager and Office Manager deliver the ambitious programme of Wikimedia UK.
- Helping in the day-to-day running of the office and its support of the volunteer community.
- Working to develop our active volunteer base, in particular women and minority group editors.
- Supporting the organisation of our Education Conference.
- Supporting the organisation of our GLAM conference.
- In particular support on the day(s), delegate registration, speaker support and all preparation.
- Working to develop our database through content development and data entry.
- Supporting our training programme.
- Developing our programme of outreach work to Universities.
- Your skills
- You will be an enthusiastic and highly competent individual able to work as part of a team and bring a mature attitude to supporting our volunteer community with special attention being paid to our target group of open and minority groups.
- You will be a believer in open access to information and the mission of the Wikimedia movement.
- You will have an understanding of and empathy for groups not typically associated with contributing to Wikipedia and its sister websites.
- You will be highly literate and numerate.
- You will be able to work unsupervised and develop projects with the minimum of support.
- You may have contributed already to Wikipedia and its sister sites as an editor.
- You will believe in equal access for all to information and knowledge.
We are looking for someone with education up to A level or equivalent, possibly currently undertaking a degree or a recent graduate.
- How to apply
Please send a CV of up to two pages and a covering letter of up to two pages to:
Email daria.cybulskawikimedia.org.uk with the word 'Intern' in the subject line.
Deadline 25th July at 5.00. pm.
Please ensure you give details of why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for this post with reference to the key tasks.
Please also explain your understanding of and commitment to the Wikipedia ethos with personal examples to demonstrate this.
We will need two referees whom we can approach.