Meetings/2010-06-08/Agenda/Treasurer's Report/Job description
Job Description - Treasurer, Wikimedia UK
The Treasurer is a member of the Board of Directors and has all the duties and responsibilities of a Director. In addition to those duties and responsibilities, the Treasurer has the following responsibilities:
1) Maintaining the company's accounts and preparing them for independent review in time for them to be submitted to Companies House. This responsibility can be carried out in person or by supervising an appropriate member of staff.
2) Handling expenses claims from Directors, staff and volunteers by checking their validity, getting them countersigned by an appropriate Director and making the appropriate payments.
3) Maintaining the fundraising website and other donation methods, liaising with the Wikimedia Foundation regarding fundraising and communicating with donors. This responsibility can be carried out in person or by supervising an appropriate member of staff.
4) Reviewing all budgets for initiatives, etc., suggesting changes and making recommendations to the board on whether to accept the budget. The Treasurer will only recommend approving the budget if the company can afford it.
5) Processing all membership applications and renewals and making recommendations to the board on whether to accept applications.