This is the agenda for the Board meeting that will be held on 30 June - 1 July at the WMUK Office at Old Street in London.
The majority of the meeting will be recorded and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, and/or will be live-streamed (access details will be posted both here and via @WikimediaUK). Minutes will be openly written at etherpad:WMUKMinutes. Note that in-camera sessions will not be broadcast, recorded or publicly minuted.
- Board: Roger Bamkin [RB], John Byrne [JB], Chris Keating [CK], Mike Peel (Minutes backup) [MP], Doug Taylor [DT], Joscelyn Upendran (JU), Ashley Van Haeften (Chair) [Fæ]
- Staff: Jon Davies (Chief Exec) [JD], Richard Symonds (Office Mgr, Minutes lead) [RS], Daria Cybulska [DC], Stevie Benton [SB]
- Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting! Please express your interest in attending on the talk page, or get in touch with a trustee or staff member.
Friday 29 June 
- Evening: gathering for a meal or drinks somewhere?
- Please post your expected time of arrival below.
Saturday 30 June 
|09.30-10.00||-||Arrival & Coffee|
|10.00||-||Start of meeting|
|10.15||Peter Williams||Induction for new board. Including Charity Commission guidance, PQASSO and self-assessment|
|11.00||-||Working as a team, trustee code of conduct, what we expect of each other. Staff arrive to present 'what they do'.|
|13.00||-||Lunch - chance to chat with staff|
|14.00||Peter Williams||Continuation of induction including Trustee skills, staff and volunteer roles, wearing different hats and board -staff interaction.|
|16.00||Fæ||Future of PQASSO and WMUK professional development|
|17.00||--||End of meeting|
|18:30||--||Evening at nearby restaurant - 'The Yard' (reservation under Daria)|
Sunday 1 July 
- Too much of this agenda has my name on it. I expect this to continue to be re-jigged on Saturday, with other trustees taking a lead on topics they have a passion for... --Fæ (talk) 20:53, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
|10.00||Fæ||Agenda, streaming, apologies|
|10.05||MP||Transfer of responsibility to the new Board
Declarations of interest
|10.10||MP 20m||Review of past meetings and approval of Minutes
Review email decisions
|10.30||MP & RS 2m||Approval of new members|
|10.32||Fæ 5m||Chair's report and actions|
|10.35||Fæ ~20m||Trustee workshop on risk assessment and identification of required contingency plans
|11.30||JD ~45m||5-year plan|
|12.45||Fæ ~20m||Proposals for sub-committees (see ‡)|
|??||MP ~15m||WikiConference UK 2013 planning (June outside of London?), WikiConference UK / Wikimania Europe / Wikimania Global 2014 (July in London)|
|??||Fæ / All ~25m||Reporting required for monitoring operations and summary of key indicators
|13.30||All 45m||Trustees and Chief Executive reports
NB: Doug to incorporate Martin P's and Harry's report
|14.15||Board (in camera) 45m||Board discussion incorporating a review of staff reports, activities and processes|
|15.00||Fæ 20m||Wikimedia Chapters Association. To include decisions on ratifying the WCA charter, getting our contribution in place in time for us to make a meaningful commitment at the Wikimania meeting, and to name a chapter representative (likely to default to Fæ for Wikimania at least).|
|?||MP/JD||International Wikimedia politics?|
|?||JD (and trustee for outreach) 15m||Outreach|
|?||[‡] JB/RS 30m||Allocation of budget holders, and current status of finances (delegated non-trustee budget holders)|
|?||CK 20m||2012-13 fundraiser (and Funds Dissemination Committee)|
|?||JD||Draft budget against fundraising target and meeting the 5 year plan.|
|??||Fæ 10m||Discussion about the schedule and composition of future board meetings|
|??||Fæ/MP 5m||Next board meeting|
|17.50||-||End of meeting|
- Please post your expected time of departure below.
- As we are having supper together on Saturday night, and others will be worrying about
- Roger has to catch a train at 4
- JU has to leave at 5:30
- For directions, see Office
- Accommodation: to be organised by the Office at Tavistock Hotel?
- Car parking: where is this available?
- Parkopedia says there are car parks reasoanbly close, but parking on the outskirts and taking public transport in would probably be cheaper and easier.
- For the last few London visits I've made, I've parked at Stanmore Station Car Park, Stanmore HA7 4PD, https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Stanmore+Tube+Station - just off junction 4 of the M1. It's a very large car park (450 spaces) and costs £1.50 for Saturday and £1 for Sunday, all day. Mon-Fri costs £4.50 for each day. It's at the north end of the Jubilee line http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf and in zone 5. Tube travel for a day costs £8-50 for zones 1-6, and it usually takes (very roughly) an hour to travel from Stanmore to most destinations in central London. I'm not sure if this is the most cost-effective solution or even the most time-efficient, but it works and is predictable in cost and time. Obviously, folks driving in via different routes from the M1 will probably find a similar 'park & ride' solution for them. --RexxS (talk) 12:34, 7 June 2012 (UTC)