WikiConference UK 2013
WikiConference UK 2013
WikiConference UK 2013 is an annual event incorporating both presentations and talks about Wikipedia/Wikimedia, as well as Wikimedia UK's Annual General Meeting. It is being organised by the Conference Committee in collaboration with the office and other volunteers. The purpose of the conference is to:
- Provide an annual weekend forum for Wikimedians and other interested parties in the UK
- Provide a venue for community building and celebrating the free knowledge movement
- Raise awareness of and participation in the goals of the Wikimedia movement.
In the months leading up the conference, Wikimedia UK want to increase outreach and events in the region. If you have ideas for events, training or any other forms of outreach please get in touch.
Friday, 7 June 
- Dinner/drinks for early arrivals
Saturday, 8 June 
- Add event to your calendar (.ics download)
- This is currently a draft; timings in particular may be subject to change. If you have concerns, please email the Conference Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a matter of urgency.
|Time||Plenary room||Breakout room|
|09:00||Arrivals – tea & coffee|
|09:30||Venue Duty Manager (Sam Hill - tbc)||Fire safety outline, venue orientation||—||—|
|10:00||Ed Saperia & James Knight||Wikimania 2014 (London)||—||—|
|10:30||Stevie Benton||Wikimedia UK's Virtual Learning Environment||—||—|
|11:00||Darren Stephens||Malta Music Memory Project||Tom Morton||All is Not As it Seems|
|11:15||Martin Poulter||Three Prongs of Outreach||Andy Mabbett||Have You Heard?|
|11:30||Toni Sant||Education Projects||Katherine Bavage||Attracting New Members|
|11:45||Chair||UK Wikimedian of the Year 2013||—||—|
|12:00||CEO||Five-year planning discussion||—||—|
|12:30||Lunch (and pre-AGM Board Meeting)|
|13:30||Chair||Introduction to the AGM||—||—|
|13:35||Secretary||Approval of minutes: 2012 AGM, 2013 EGM||—||—|
|13:40||Tellers||Explanation of election procedure||—||—|
|13:45||Tellers||Election hustings & questions||—||—|
|16:00||Tellers||Announcement of election results||—||—|
|16:05||Simon Knight||MediaWiki for OER and Learning Analytics||Robin Owain||Wicipedia Cymraeg|
|16:20||Martin Eve||Opening Up Humanities Sources||Dan Garry||Ombudsman Commission|
|16:35||John Cummings, Andy Mabbett, et al||Wikimedians in Residence||—||—|
|16:50||Michael Maggs||Wiki Loves Monuments||—||—|
|17:10||Chair & CEO||Wrap-up||—||—|
|17:30||Close of meeting||—||—|
|18:00||—||—||post-AGM Board meeting|
- After the conference, we will head to a nearby pub for a quiz, buffet, and drinks.
Sunday, 9 June 
- Guided tour/history walk taking in some of the historic buildings in the city
- Guided tour of Lincoln Castle
- Social event (details TBC)
Speakers will be members of the Wikimedia community, who will be giving short talks about issues or projects that matter to them.